Nov 2017 Recommendations for Bainbridge Island Voters
Dear Islanders, In this final weekend of voting we wanted to check back with you to encourage you to VOTE. Find that ballot if it’s gotten misplaced in the midst of bills and other mail. Drop it in the mailbox (with postage) or at the ballot drop in the driveway near the BISD Administration Building on North Madison.
Our endorsements for the City Council:
Our letters endorsing them can be found here
Our view is that a good City Council member demonstrates the following:
- Understanding of the powers and role of city government and the role of the Council as the policy-making entity for the city
- A strong commitment to working collegially, respecting differing positions but seeking common ground
- Eagerness to listen to and understand different viewpoints, and a commitment to building and nurturing a sense of community across the Island
- Joint development of strategic goals and adherence to those goals
- Tenacity in identifying and addressing specific problems that face the community
- Relevant experience that demonstrates their ability to work in a complex environment and consider the consequences of policy decisions
Our endorsement for the School Board, Position 5 is Sheila Jakubik.
Our letter endorsing her can be found here.
We believe complex problems are not solved by simple solutions.
Please remember that all Islanders vote for all positions in the general elections.
Sincerely, The Quality Bainbridge Steering Committee